Stepwise pictorial recipe of homemade Ruhafza Syrup.
We all have grown up drinking this Gulaab Sharbat in one way or the other. Mix it with water or Milk or use it in any other desert and it is awesome everywhere.
It is a very refreshing syrup widely used during summers. We have been able to make it courtesy inhouserecipes.
So let’s make our own syrup, preserve it and just add few spoons of it in a water…
Sugar 1 kg
Water 4 cup*
Cardamom essence or cardamom powder 1/4 tsp
Citric Acid 1 tsp
Rose Essence 2 tsp
Red Food Color 1/2 tsp
1. Take a large pan and add water & sugar together.
2. Place it on a high flame and let the water & sugar mixture boil.
3. When the water begins to boil, you will find the scum floating over the surface of water. Collect the scum with the help of a spoon and discard. Add cardamom essence. You can use cardamom powder also.
4. Now let the water boil on a low flame until it becomes a 1 string Sugar syrup.**
6. Once the sugar syrup is ready, add Citric Acid in the syrup and mix well.
7. Now add Rose Essence, Red Food color in Sugar Syrup and mix very well.
Your Ruhafza Syrup is ready. Once cool down, store*** it in a glass bottle. Better sieve the syrup so that any impurities, if left, are discarded.
*Once the Ruhafza Surup is prepared and cooled down and you feel that the syrup is slightly thick, add 1 or 2 tbsps of hot water in the Ruhafza and mix well.
**The boiling mixture may take about 25 to 30 minutes in becoming 1 string Sugar syrup.
To check the 1 string consistency, take 2 drops of syrup between your index finger and thumb. Open the index finger and thumb opposite to each other and if you will see a string of syrup making up a string, your 1 string consistency sugar syrup is ready.
If string is not making out, boil the mixture for a couple of minutes more.
***You can store the homemade Ruhafza Syrup upto 6 months. Do not refrigerate, otherwise sugar may freeze & settle down in the bottle.
Everyone has his own taste buds and accordingly you can adjust the sweetness as per your liking. But for a normal drink mix….
1 Cup of Chilled water + 2 tbsp of Ruhafza Syrup.
Serve it to your guests after decorating your drink with the innovative method given here.
PAYAL BALI SHARMA