Stepwise pictorial recipe of pizza made without Oven.
Even if you don’t have an oven or you are living at a place where there are frequent & unscheduled power cuts, still a hot, delicious & crispy pizza can be a part of your platter with this simple & easy method. And i assure you that you will hardly find any difference between the pizza made in oven or made by this method. You can also call it Tawa Pizza or Pan Pizza. However tawa/pan pizza takes less time in making than the oven baked pizza.
Maida/All purpose flour- 2 cups
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Yeast* (instant or active; i am using dry instant yeast)- 1 tsp
Do see my post on “How to Activate Dry Yeast” as yeast has an important role in making a pizza base
For Pizza Topping**
Tomato Ketchup – ½ cup
Mozzarella cheese (grated) – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Black pepper 1/4 tsp
Onion rings 8 – 10
Italian mix herbs for sprinkling (optional)
1. Take a bowl & add all purpose flour, oil, sugar, salt & yeast.
2. Mix them well and knead a soft, smooth & elastic dough for atleast 7 – 8 minutes with warm water.
3. Take another bowl, grease with oil & transfer dough into it.
4. Coat the dough with little oil, cover with muslin cloth & place the dough at warm place for minimum 2 hours.
5. After 2 hours, dough will be double in size. Now its ready for making pizza.
6. Divide the dough in 2 equal portions.
7. Take one part and make a round ball.
8. With the help of a rolling pin, make a ½ cm thick chapatti with a diameter of 8-10 inch. Use dry maida if needed.
9. Now with the help of the fork, prick the rolled dough so that it will not puff up while cooking.
10. Grease a non stick tawa or pan with oil and heat it at medium low heat and place the rolled dough/pizza base on it.
11. Let it cook untill the lower side turns little brown. It may take about 2 minutes.
12. Once pizza base is brown from down side, flip its side & turn the heat to low.
13. Now spread tomato ketchup & mozzarella cheese on it.
14. Then place some onion rings on the top.
15. Sprinkle salt, black pepper & Italian herbs on it.
16. Cover the tawa/pan with a lid and let the pizza cook till the cheese melts and pizza becomes brown and crispy. It may take 5-6 minutes. However keep checking pizza so that it will not burn from down side.
Your hot, crispy and delicious pizza is ready.
*Instant dry yeast needs no prior activation whereas active dry yeast needs to be activated before adding to the mixture.
**Choice of pizza topping is purely your call. We love simple topping so did like that only. However you can spread pizza sauce, add corns, vegetables and/or olives or whatever you want. If using vegetables, just stir fry them for 2 minutes before adding them to the pizza. Most importantly, whatever you want to use for toppings, get that ready pre-hand otherwise your pizza base will be cooked and you will keep on prepare your toppings and as a result, pizza base will be overcooked/burnt & toppings remain under-cooked/raw.
PAYAL BALI SHARMA
To get easy access to our new and upcoming recipes, just click the FOLLOW button given hereunder.