This eggless chocolate brownie is not just a treat to the eyes, but it can easily hijack the heart of your guests in the first bite itself. Where the brownie has all the softness to be melt in mouth, the presence of walnuts provides the crunch simultaneously. You can enjoy it as it is or can cherish it after sprinkling some powdered sugar on top. You can even serve the brownies with some chocolate or caramel syrup. But we usually love to have it with the vanilla ice cream.
Whole wheat flour – 1/2 Cup
Sugar – 1/3 Cup
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Cocoa Powder – 1/3 Cup
Oil – 4 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Salt a pinch
Water – 1 cup
Walnut (roughly crushed) – 2 tbsp
1. Switch on your oven at 180 degree Celsius for preheating.
2. Grease a baking pan with some oil.
3. Sift whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Keep aside.
4. Take a pan, add water and heat it.
5. When the water becomes hot, lower the flame and then add sugar, cocoa powder and oil.
6. Let the mixture boil until the sugar should dissolve and the cocoa powder should mix evenly without making any lumps.
7. Switch off the flame and add this hot cocoa mixture to the dry flour mixture.
8. Add vanilla essence and walnuts.
9. Mix this mixture but do not over do.
10. Transfer the mixture in the baking pan and tap the pan so that
the batter spreads evenly.
11. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 to 40 minutes.
12. To check the doneness, insert a tooth pick and if the tooth pick comes out clean, brownie is done.
13. Remove the pan from the oven. Once the brownie cools down, invert it from the pan and slice it in desired sizes.
14. Your chocolate brownie is ready. You can also preserve* it.
* You can store in an air tight container in the fridge. In cold climate, you can keep these brownies outside at room temperature for 1 to 2 days.
PAYAL BALI SHARMA
To get easy access to our new and upcoming recipes, just click the FOLLOW button given hereunder.